Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A little over a year ago...

Week 18... I am near the finish of marathon training!!! This has been an amazing experience.  I have had an amazing coach to lead and teach me along the way.  The taper is playing with my emotions, I am enjoying the extra rest but I kind of feel "on edge" like I have built up energy.  I know that is good for the marathon on Saturday, so I am taking the runs slow and easy paced just as Coach Erin has directed me to. I am sooo excited, I can already envision myself at the start line and already have the butterflies.  I reviewed the course map over and over again.  I've read reviews on the marathon and watched you tube videos.  My mind is in a good place.  I'm not doubting myself one bit.  I have done the work and I have proof!! The training plan Coach Erin made for me is long and full of hours and hours of running!! It's all there!! I KNOW I can do this. 




There is also the very emotional/ reflective woman in me that has been in tears because I am actually doing it!!! I am running a marathon.  Last year, the same weekend (April 28) I ran my first 5k since high school. and now, a year later I am days away from running my first marathon!! Tears of pure joy!!

I wanted to share with you all my vlog post from a youtube account I set up last year.  This was in middle March, when I finally stopped smoking.  I was so special for me to be able to look back on this and see how far I've come!!

Take a look!!




No comments:

Post a Comment