Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Friday Slump... my foot hurts

BLAH!!! I don't know what is up with my right foot, but I think something happened to it.  The pain is along the big toe and goes up into my leg.  It's a little swollen at the top, I've been icing and heating it, not sure what it is.  Trying really hard not to feel discouraged and hold on to His promise.  I know that not all things come easy and when I started this journey it was gonna take hard work and discipline.  I also know that through running I have been able to discover and rediscover who I am, what my weaknesses are and how to make these areas stronger.  My weakness is in the mind and what better sport to have my heart in than long distance running!! With that said, this small hurt I feel in my foot has caused my to feel pretty down.  What if it is broken?? Am I willing to stop running for a bit to let it heal? It's been 2 days since I have run and THAT has made me feel even worse.  I watched a Ryan Hall interview where he was talking about his new book about spiritual coaching.  I kept on remembering how he mentioned that he had to realize that his joy was not in running, in getting gold, in fame.  It was in the LORD!! I am trying very hard to focus on that.  Running is not what makes me happy, having a relationship with Jesus is what should make me happy.  Remembering ALL he has brought me through, and knowing that He loved me enough to die for me.  That is my joy!! If running stopped today, my life would not be over.  I have a beautiful family, wonderful friends who love me and a BIG GOD who has great things in store for me.  I KNOW that He promised that I would fulfill the dream I have to run a marathon.  I believe it.  But I also know that this journey is and will be for His glory and not mine.  If He didn't drop me to my knees on my treadmill in February I would still be caught up in cigarette smoking.  I know that this journey to a marathon is part of His healing for my life.  I have come too far to give up, so I am choosing to stay positive and believe in His promise. 
I guess what I am trying to say is that I don't have all together, I never will, the Lord is my strength and I NEED to keep my eyes focused on Him.

I am hoping that I can get in a run tomorrow morning, a nice easy 6 mile run... gonna stay off it today and care for it.  I'm so thankful for a husband who let me nap until the afternoon (I needed to rest.)  This is just the beginning. I know it!! Here is the interview I mentioned, Ryan Hall being interviewed on CNN. :)


Click on this link Above to watch it



No comments:

Post a Comment