Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

Setting Goals and Making Plans!!

Well I am 37 weeks pregnant today, I am almost at the finish line.  I have spent alot of my time lately reflecting on this time, this pregnancy has seriously went by so quickly.  I am very proud of myself for running through this pregnancy. I made it to 34 weeks pregnant run/walking around 25 miles or more a week. I am not going to lie... I miss it!! BUT I know that resting my body for the next couple of weeks is so worth it.
With that said this is my monthly mileage since I became pregnant:
April: 121
May: 39
June: 65
July: 80
August: 65
September: 111
October: 42

The plan was to hit 1000 miles for the year.  I have 759.  It doesn't look like I will hit that goal, but I am proud of all the miles I ran/walked.

After the Allstate 13.1 (31 weeks pregnant) I decided I wanted to let my body completely rest for the past couple of weeks, I plan on walking a mile a day with my girls until baby is born.  I am really just listening to my body at this point.  It's so crazy to think that I will have an infant in less than a month!! I am not very nervous this time around.  I am, however, very anxious to see how it will be when I start back up running and breastfeeding, which I have never done before.  Of course, hubby and I have had conversations and the plan is to run for a hour after an early morning feeding (mornings just work better for me.) I know that it will be easier said than done. I know that sleep will sound much better than getting dressed and lacing up... SO  Guess WHAT I DID??!!!




I SIGNED UP FOR MY NEXT FULL MARATHON for some much needed MOTIVATION!!!  I know it's a year away, but I can't tell you how great if feels already to know that I have a goal set. 

I think it was very important for me to have a plan and a goal set even before I have baby Faith because I had really bad post partum depression with Hope. I wanted to give myself plenty of time to get back into the groove of things and not feel pressured but truly enjoy this next part of my running journey.... I can't help to think that this is just the beginning.  I conquered a marathon at 8 weeks pregnant!! This in itself was healing for me, I let go of fear and embraced FAITH!!  I will never forget the feeling I got when I found out I was pregnant 2 weeks before the marathon, everything in me wanted to curl up in a ball and stay still until I gave birth.... I cried out to God, WHY??? I just didn't understand how He would allow me to chase a dream I gave my all to and have Him take it away... how could I run 26.2 miles with a baby in my womb... I lost my twins at 9/10 weeks!!!! All I every heard from my sweet God was "BE BRAVE."  So I continued to train and ran that marathon.  It was not easy, I didn't feel the best on race day, I hit the wall at mile 20, my Garmin malfunctioned due to the rain (IT RAINED THE WHOLE TIME)  I had negative splits and a super good time on my last 20 mile run... and THAT was not happening on race day BUT I DID IT.  I completed it.  His promise was fulfilled in my life.  And with that I KNEW I was different, I wasn't gonna be scared anymore, I was gonna continue what I love to do, I was gonna keep on running. This pregnancy has been such a great experience!!! 

SO NOW WHAT??? We rest, wait and plan... 

I have already signed up and committed to training for 26.2 miles in Savannah, GA (Nov. 2014) and hope to get back into coaching with Erin.  I'm researching a good core/strength  regimen, preparing an easy meal plan and staying POSITIVE!!! I am a stay at home mommy.  The majority of my life for the next year will be in my home with my girls, so the most important thing is staying positive and having accountability, that is where this blog comes in.  I plan to make this weight loss/getting body back as public as possible... I want you all to be a part of this and I want to encourage other mommies.  It took me over 2 years to loose the baby weight with Hope due to lack of motivation and support.  So here it goes.  

Here are a couple of pics that I decided to share from 2010-11 and a recent one from this pregnancy... Stay turned!!


Hope's Baby Shower 2010 (35 weeks pregnant)



April 2011 (7 months pp) 


 
Faith's Baby Shower (32 weeks)






No comments:

Post a Comment